The requirement to be able to work in a variety of on and off-campus locations, away from the traditional fixed office / desk is increasing at Cardiff Met. The flexi-place scheme for example, now allows for working away from campus where appropriate.
Clearly, for many roles at Cardiff Met to operate effectively under these circumstances, technology must support undertaking the tasks required.
It is currently possible to carry out a significant proportion of typical tasks over a Wi-Fi connection on campus, and to a lesser extent from anywhere in the world. There are currently limitations however, and it is likely that reducing or removing a number of these will become a part of Your Technology.
in addition, to be able to access and exploit the technologies available to us, we must first know it exists, and then know how to use it.
Technologies that will help in providing seamless access include:
- Increasing use of cloud storage (e.g. OneDrive)
- Fixing SharePoint issues
- Making systems available over Wifi / off site
- Providing additional support and training
- Improving access across multiple device platforms
- Access to Cardiff Met software on personal devices