The IT Helpdesk is the first point of contact for any IT related issue or query. We provide 1st line support and general IT advice for both students and staff across the University.
We aim to resolve your query as quickly as possible by either remotely connecting to your machine to fix the issue, providing you with the relevant information needed, or escalating the call to one of our IT Advisors who will visit you directly.
All calls are managed within our service desk system, and will be prioritised according to the nature of the issue.
How can we help?
- Password resets and unlocking user accounts - The IT Helpdesk can reset your password and unlock your account over the phone or via email.
- Office 365 - You can get the Microsoft Office suite of software, free of charge to install and use on your own computer(s) while you're a student with us. Contact IT Helpdesk for any assistance.
- SharePoint - We deal with most queries including, general guidance, backup and restores and integration.
- Staff/Student Email - IT Helpdesk can show you how to access your student or staff email accounts either on or off campus.
- Account admin - We can assist with setting up new user accounts and mailboxes or deleting them when no longer required.
- Software & Hardware - We can advise what to purchase and where to purchase from. Some software is free to staff and students. Contact us for more information or visit our new Study page
- Moodle - We handle most queries, including enrolment queries, backup and restores, data integration issues and logging on.
- Announcements - Need an announcement, then email the IT Helpdesk and we can make this happen for you.
- Eduroam Wi-Fi - Contact the IT Helpdesk and we can offer advice over the phone, via email, web chat or through an online guide.
When you log a Case, the IT Helpdesk will classify it as one of the following:
Incidents are generally classed as unplanned disruptions and issues with the current IT service, and take higher priority than Requests. Examples of Incidents include:
These would be classed as requests from a user to change their current way of working. Examples of Requests include:
Resetting a password
New mobile phone
Most Incidents and Requests can be resolved by the IT Helpdesk, however there will be some cases where some are escalated to our more specialist teams (IT Advisors, Desktop Services, Corporate Information Services, IT Infrastructure Services).
After your Case has been resolved, if you are not fully satisfied with the resolution then please contact us and we will investigate further. If we don't hear back from you within 48 hours then we will assume everything is fine and close your Case.
For more information on our Priorities and Resolution Target Times, please see our
IT Helpdesk telephone support will be available during the following times from September 18th 2021.
|||Term Time||Vacation Time|
|Monday||08.00 - 20-00||08.00 - 17.00|
|Tuesday||08.00 - 20-00||08.00 - 17.00|
|Wednesday||08.00 - 20-00||08.00 - 17.00|
|Thursday||08.00 - 20-00||08.00 - 17.00|
|Friday||08.00 - 20-00||08.00 - 17.00|
|Saturday|| Email ITHelpdesk@cardiffmet.ac.uk|
|Sunday|| Email ITHelpdesk@cardiffmet.ac.uk |