Wipe Student Mobile Device
If your device is lost and the options for locating your device have been exhausted, the last resort is to use the Office 365 Outlook Web App to remotely wipe it. A remote wipe sends a continuous signal to format the device and restore it to factory settings, preventing anyone who is possession of it from accessing your data or, indeed, from using the device. Remote Device Wipe is available on all mobile devices that have a Cardiff Met email or calendar account configured.
If you require any assistance, please contact the IT Helpdesk, Technology Support Desk or visit a Library support desk in your Learning Centre.
1. Navigate to your Cardiff Met email:
2. Click on the 'Settings Cog' drop-down menu on the right-hand side.
3. Select 'Office 365'.
4. On the left-hand menu of the following screen, select 'Mobile Devices'.
5. Choose the device you wish to wipe from the main selection.
6. Click the Wipe Device' button.
7. If you are sure that you want the device wiped then click 'Yes' on the following popup.
8. If you subsequently find your device, remove the device from the list by clicking the 'Delete' bin button (otherwise the device *WILL* be wiped).