Taking Notes In OneNote
With OneNote, take notes the way you want. You can type notes, write notes, convert handwritten notes to text, and even record audio notes.
Type a note
Click or tap anywhere on the page and start typing.
All of your data is saved automatically.
Move a note
Drag the top of the content box to where you would like it on the page.
Resize a note
Drag the side of the content box to to resize it.
Handwrite a note
You can handwrite notes with a mouse, stylus, or your finger.
Select Draw, choose a pen, and start writing.
Convert handwriting to text
1. Choose Select Objects or Type Text or Lasso Select from the Draw menu.
2. Draw a circle around the text and select Ink to Text.
Now you can edit the text the same way you edit your typed text.
Use OneNote to record audio notes
1. Click or tap the page, and then select Insert > Record Audio.
OneNote immediately starts recording.
2. To end the recording, hit Stop.
3. To listen to the recording, hit Play or double click the audio recording.
Taking notes video from Microsoft