This lesson shows you how to
1. Use the short-referencing or author-date system to quote and reference from books, journals and websites.
2. Format straightforward direct and indirect quotations.
3. Assemble a references list.
4. Decide when you need to include a reference.
1. Lots of interactive exercises (with feedback), so you can practise what you learn.
2. FIND OUT MORE links to other sources of learning about referencing.
1. You have little or no knowledge of formal academic referencing; or
2. You've been away from academic life for some time, and want to remind yourself of the basics of referencing.
Each section of the lesson, apart from the brief introduction and conclusion, takes about 10-15 minutes, and the total lesson about an hour.