If you are a rights owner and are concerned that you have found material, for which you are the rights owner, in our repository and you have not given permission, please contact us at
email@example.com stating the following:
- Your contact details
- The full details of the material
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights owner or are authorised to act for the rights owner.
The 'Notice and Takedown' procedure is then invoked as follows:
Cardiff Metropolitan University Library Staff will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
If the initial assessment suggests there is a prima facia case, the material will be temporarily removed from the Cardiff Metropolitan University Repository pending an agreed solution
Cardiff Metropolitan University Library Staff will contact the contributor who deposited the material. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced in the Cardiff Metropolitan University Repository unchanged.
- The material is replaced in the Cardiff Metropolitan University Repository with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the Cardiff Metropolitan University Repository.
If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through the Cardiff Metropolitan University Repository until a time when a resolution has been reached.