The course consists primarily of two, half-day face-to-face training sessions. Each session is approximately 3 hours in length, for a total of 6 hours. The sessions are very hands-on with a series of practice projects that are to be completed.
Session I - Security and Permissions - the first session explores the importance of maintaining a secure SharePoint environment and how to do so effectively through permission levels, inheritance and groups.
Session II - Administering Sites and Libraries - in the second session you will learn how to create and customise team sites and how to organise document libraries to suit your team.
To help develop your skills you will have access to a range of resources:
- a Learning Pool module that hosts the course materials
- Support+ from Combined Knowledge; a series of "how-to" text and video guides for SharePoint
- a SharePoint "sandbox" site, to experiment with SharePoint, and a realistic practice site
- a Panopto video recording of the training session
To complete the course and gain the SharePoint Administrator digital badge, you are required to complete the face-to-face training and pass a project based assessment, which is a series of SharePoint administration tasks that need to be completed in a realistic SharePoint 2016 environment.
Estimated amount of learning time:
- Classroom teaching: 6 hours
- Practice projects: 1 - 3 hours
For a total of between 7 - 9 hours.